Deviare API Hook Overview
Deviare is a professional open source hooking engine for instrumenting arbitrary Win32 functions, COM objects, and functions which symbols are located in program databases (PDBs). It can intercept unmanaged code in 32-bit and 64-bit applications. It is implemented as a COM component, so it can be integrated with all the programming languages which support COM, such as C/C++, VB, C#, Delphi, and Python.
Several Fortune 500 companies are using Deviare technology for application virtualization, packaging, and troubleshooting, and for computer security. Computer science researchers are also using Deviare to conduct malware and reverse engineering studies. Our blog articles contain a vast quantity of code samples to get you started easily.
Deviare offers a unique “programmer friendly API” which resolves the complexities associated with binary instrumentation so that even software engineers without expertise in the field can use it. Deviare takes care of code injection, parameter marshalling, and inter-process communication. We created Deviare API in 2007 and continually improve it. Intercepting applications is a complex task. We test multiple application environments to ensure that the end user has a trouble-free experience. Deviare also has a focus on performance handling thousands of hooks with little footprint.
Code instrumentation is used in several other areas like: tracing and debugging, sandboxing and browser security, malware analysis, video conference recording, and gaming.
Download Deviare now! Deviare Source Code Deviare Docs Deviare Blog Articles
Deviare is licensed under a commercial and open source license (GNU General Public License version 3).
The commercial License is the correct license to use for the development of proprietary and/or commercial software with Deviare, where you do not want to release your product's source code.
Featured Deviare Articles
- SQL Server Interception and SQL Injection Attack Prevention
- Instrumenting Direct3D Applications to Capture Video and Calculate FPS
- How to Identify Virtual Table Functions with the VTBL IDA Pro Plugin
- Benchmarking ThinApp Vs. SWV
- Benchmarking App-V Vs. SWV
- Application Virtualization Troubleshooting with SpyStudio and Deviare
- Improving Deviare Hooking Performance with Custom Hooks
If you are interested in Deviare, you might also be interested in:
- SpyStudio 2.0
- Interception and Filter Drivers services
- Audio Recorder API
- Deviare In-Process (ala Microsoft Detours but much cheaper)
- How Nektra Improved Desktop Virtualization for Symantec Corporation
- Nektra and VMware are Collaborating to Simplify Application Virtualization Packaging