What's new in OEAPI
OEAPI from version 3.6.0 to 3.7.0
Released on January 2016
- Removed SharedSection to prevent AV detection.
- Changed some code to remove BinScope warnings.
- Updated Deviare In-Proc library.
WLMailAPI changes from version
OEAPI from version 3.5.0 to 3.6.0
Released on December 2014
- All OEAPI COM library binaries and installer executable are properly code-signed.
- This release includes security-enhanced compiler settings and applied patches to binary files as follows:
- ASLR (Base Address Randomization) active by default.
- NX (NoExecute-bit) active by default.
- Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 MFC Security Update (KB2538241)
- Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2669970)
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 ATL Security Update (KB971092)
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 GDIPLUS.DLL Security Update (KB972222)
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 ATL for Smart Devices Security Update (KB973675)
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 XML Editor Security Update (KB2251487)
- Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2938806)
- Minor fixes.
OEAPI from version 3.4.0 to 3.5.0
Released on June 2014
- Added MailAccountManager and MailAccount classes for iterating, getting account properties, and getting the default account.
- Raises an event when default-account changes.
OEAPI from version 3.3.1 to 3.4.0
Released on February 2014
- Added OEStore/OECOM classes back in the HTML documentation.
- Added Comet file bundle to the installer.
- Added missing DISPIDs for better readability in COM client code
- Added IOEMsgWnd::GetHandle
- Added IOEMsgWnd::SaveDraft
- Added IOEMsgWnd::Close
OEAPI from version 3.2.4 to 3.3.1
Released on July 2013
- Added SetDisplayTo, SetNormalSubject, setSubject and SetDisplayFrom methods for modifying the database entry directly.
- Fixed a bug where a string operation caused access.
- Fixed demo plugin issues.
OEAPI from version 3.2.3 to 3.2.4
Released on August of 2011
- Fixed: ThinApp compatibility issue.
- New Hooking technique.
- Added new demos.
- General Code Improvements.
Changes from version 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
Released on November of 2008
- New! Added OEMessage::GetFlags method which returns the flags that describe message's composition. Check this MSDN link to see flags descriptions.
- New! Added OEMessage::SetReadOnly/IsReadOnly methods to set a message as read-only, and to check if it was set this way by OEAPI.
- New: Added a sample implementation of the OEAPIObj::OnDatabaseChange event to the C# DLL Demo plugin.
- New: C# DLL Demo now loads toolbar images from resources.
- Fixed for DLL plugins: OEMessage::Clone() failed to copy the account info in Windows Mail (This is not possible on EXE applications).
- Fixed: Calling ActivateGlobalNotification() caused OE/WM to not shutdown.
- Fixed: OEAPIObj::OnDatabaseChange case OE_TR_DELETE_FOLDER was triggered twice for each folder deleted event.
- Fixed: On Windows Mail selecting a non-local folder sometimes triggered a OEAPIObj::OnFolderSelectionChanged event.
- Fixed: OEAPIObj::SendMessage() method was sending the message even when OE/WM was set to 'Work Offline'.
- Fixed: When the destination file already existed, OEMessage::SaveAsFile() appended the content to the file instead of overwriting it.
- Fixed on C# EXE Demo: When switching folders, sometimes the Demo failed to load a folder's messages.
- Fixed: On Vista x64, OEAPIObj::SendMessage() method didn't work on Windows Mail.
- Fixed: On Vista x64, OEFolder::DeleteMessage(msgId, True) opened a dialog on Windows Mail asking for confirmation.
- Added the SetReadOnly/IsReadOnly OEMessage methods to the documentation.
Changes from version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2
Released on May of 2008
- New! OEAPI Standard Edition has now a freeware license.
- New! OEMsgWnd methods GetBcc/SetBcc added.
- New! IOEFolder::CreateMessage upgraded: Allows to set the created message state (I.E. Unread, Unsent).
- New: C# DLL and Delphi DLL demo solutions added to the package.
- Fixed: Windows Mail crashed when clearing "Deleted items" folder.
- Fixed: Windows Mail crashed while opening newsgroups folders.
- Fixed: On WM, OEStore message events were triggered only for the first message on multiple messages operations.
- Fixed: On WM, OEAPIOBj::SendMessage only worked for messages on Outbox. Now it works for messages in any folder.
- Fixed: On WM, OEMessage::Delete(False) was not working if the message was on 'Deleted items'.
- Fixed: On WM, SetBody did not work when the 'Show messages in plain text only' option was enabled.
- Fixed: OE crashed when compacting all folders.
- Fixed: On OE, OEAPIObj::SendMessage was working incorrectly.
- Fixed: Message's listview column headers disappeared when restarting OE/WM.
- Fixed: GetFilename/GetBodyProp incorrectly retrieved Unicode characters.
- Fixed: Using Clone and Commit for messages with certain non-english headers and attachment names corrupted messages' body (Unicode issue).
- Fixed: The IOEToolbar.SetShown(0) method did not work in the IOEAPIInit.InitOEAPI event handler.
- Fixed: SetImageNormal/SetImageMouseOver/SetPicture/SetPictureMouseOver did not work correctly.
- Fixed: C# Demo couldn't display folder content when having a large amount of messages (~1000 or more).
- Fixed: GetSelectedFolderID returned an incorrect folder ID for IMAP folders. This folders are not supported.
- Fixed: Documentation updated.
Changes from version 3.2.0 to 3.2.1
Released on September of 2007
- New! OnDatabaseChange event now supports two new transactions:"Rename Folder" and "Move Folder".
NOTE: To support "Move Folder" transaction, OnDatabaseChange has four parameters now (newParentId contains the destination folder's id on Move Folder events, and is -1 in the other transactions).
- Fixed: SendAndReceiveMessages didn't work in Windows Mail.
- Fixed: Outlook Express didn't start if there were many folders (over 80).
- Fixed: Windows Mail didn't display messages if there were many folders.
- Fixed: Windows Mail displayed an error message if, after closing the application, the 'Sending pending mails' process was canceled.
- Fixed: Windows Mail didn't check how 'Send messages immediately' was configured.
- Fixed: A 'Folder in use' warning appeared when trying to compact folders on Windows Mail.
- Fixed: Main window's toolbars disappeared if application was closed and reopened if a message window remained open.
- Fixed: Couldn't permanently delete a message on Windows Mail (this is fixed for dll plugins).
- Fixed: Some operations corrupted messages' source code under Outlook Express (this is fixed for dll plugins).
- Fixed: Delphi failed to correctly import OEAPI dlls (parameter 'result' had to be renamed).
- Fixed: OnDatabaseChange and OnNewMessageInInbox were triggered in different threads.
NOTE: This version is not binary compatible with version 3.2.0 or previous versions because we had to change CLSID of OECOM objects in order to support the new events for IOEAPIObj::OnDatabaseChange.
To use this version in projects using v3.2.0 or previous versions of OEAPI, you must remove references to old oecom.dll, and then add references to the new oecom.dll.
Changes from version 3.1.2 to 3.2.0
Released on June of 2007
- New! OEToolbar: GetMaskColor and SetMaskColor get and set bitmap's transparent color.
- New! OEToolbar: GetPictureSize and SetPictureSize can get the size of the bitmap and set it to suit your needs. NOTE: SetPictureSize must be called before adding buttons, and does not work for OE/WM's default toolbar.
- New! OEButton: SetPicture and SetMouseOverPicture can set button's bitmap with IPictureDisp.
- New! OEButton: GetName, IsEnabled, IsVisible and GetTooltip.
- New! OEButton: CreateSubSeparator can create separators between subbuttons.
- New! OEMenu: CreateItemAt and CreateSeparatorAt can create menu items in specific positions (Experimental feature).
- New! OEMenuItem: IsVisible, IsEnabled, GetText and SetText.
- New! OEMsgWnd: GetIHTMLDocument2 gets the IHTMLDocument2 of the message (Experimental feature). IMPORTANT: We do not offer support about IHTMLDocument2. It's supported on Microsoft's Newsgroups.
- New! OnDatabaseChange now supports message's read/unread state change events (Experimental on Windows Mail).
- New! SubButtons now support checked style and enable/disable.
- Fixed: OEAPIObj's SendMessage didn't work on Windows Mail. NOTE: Now only messages that are in Outbox can be set to be sent with SendMessage on Windows Mail.
- Fixed: OEFolder's OnNewMessage event gave a pointer to msgId instead of the msgId on Windows Mail..
- Fixed: OEMsgWnd's GetTo and GetCC just returned ";" on Windows Mail..
- Fixed: OEButton with drop down arrow kept pushed down after one click on OE/WM's default toolbar (Main and message windows).
- Fixed: OEToolbar did not resize correctly when a drop down OEButton was added.
- Fixed: OnMessageDownloadFinished was triggered multiple times for one event.
- Fixed: OEButtons adjusted their width to the longer button's text on Windows Mail.
- Fixed: OEMessage's Clone and Commit didn't work in DLL plugins on Windows Mail.
Changes from version 3.1.1 to 3.1.2
Released on April of 2007
- Fixed: OE's default toolbar buttons disappeared in message windows when OEAPI toolbars were added.
- Fixed: In Windows Mail, OEAPI toolbars were created in the same row of the default toolbar.
- Fixed: 'Send All', 'Receive All' and 'Send & Receive All' were not working in Windows Mail while launcher.exe was running.
- New: OEAPI C# Demo Visual Studio® 2003 project included.
- New: VB Demo lets you create toolbars and buttons on Outlook Express and Windows Mail message windows now.
- New: VB Demo sets tooltips on main window toolbars' buttons now.
- New: Enterprise with Source Code edition now includes the VS2005 projects which are used to build the official OEAPI.
Changes from version 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
Released on February of 2007
- Fixed: IE7® did not work on Windows Vista® while launcher was running.
- Fixed: Default OE toolbar buttons disappeared in message windows when toolbar buttons without text were added.
Changes from version 3.0.0 to 3.1.0
Released on January of 2007
- Toolbar's buttons on Message Windows can now be added, removed, set enabled, disabled, hidden and shown.
- Menu Items on Message Windows are now supported and can be added, removed, set enabled, disabled, hidden and shown.
- Product documentation updated.
- Improved compatibility with .NET platform.
- Identity switch fixes.
- SetSelectedFolderId fixed on Windows Vista®.
- SetSelectedMessageId fixed on Windows Vista®.
Changes from version 2.3.1 to 3.0.0
Released on December of 2006
- Windows Vista's Windows Mail support.
- New OpenCurrentMessage function simulates a double-click on the current item.
- ComposeMessage simulates a 'Create Mail' action.
- CreateMessage has a new flag to set if the new message is created unread (Interface modified).
- 'Message Selection' code was modified in order to improve the performance and the reliability of the operation.
- Improved 'Folder Selection' performance.
- OEIdentity now lets you know which is the current identity. Useful to know if the identity has changed, to prevent re-scan of folders on startup.
- OEAPI.OnDatabaseChange now provides much faster notifications for new and deleted messages.
- Changed to a NSIS installer and added Start Menu icons.